Tuesday 20 March 2012

Peach

I went on a minor spending spree this weekend, I haven't been on one in a while so I thought it was due. Also, as the clocks are going forwards very soon indeed it means I have the perfect excuse for restocking the summer wardrobe. So I'll start with some little bits from that, Firstly my Peach jeans, I am having a complete love affair with peach at the minute, its such a beautiful summery colour and whoever decided to make jeans with it is absolutely inspired. They're from New Look and they're of a SuperSkinny variety which means I'd definitely advise going for a size bigger than usual (I went for a 14 rather than a 12) if you plan to be able to move in them. One size bigger I found they still look skinny but you can actually move a bit. The denim is also quite stretchy in itself which is helpful.

Lovely. They go rather dynamite with a pair of sea green espadrilles which I also got while I was there, 2 for £10 so I had to get a navy and white striped pair as well. Super comfy but quite small sizes. I'm usually a 4.5 to 5 when it comes to shoes but a 5 was only just big enough with these


Final clothing item is a vest, it doesn't look yellow in the picture but it's actually a lovely sunny colour. It also doesn't come with the underlayer, it's just lace, I'll just wear it with a bandeau or a bikini top under for the summer, should look lovely provided I keep up with my diet... I *will* have a beach body this year.


While I was on my spree, I also bought some wallpaper. Strange, I know, but I was watching SuperScrimpers last week and they suggested using it on wardrobes and tables to spruce them up. Theirs looked a little too 1978 for my bedroom but I thought If I put some paper that co-ordinates with the room on just the side of the wardrobe, and on the side of my chest of drawers it might look quite nice. The problem is that my wardrobe is a very dull one, not particularly wonderful wood etc, which wouldn't bother me if they weren't stood next to my fiance's beautiful hand carved oak drawers... The shame. Photos to follow when I finally get round to actually sticking it on.

Speaking of photos, apologies for the last inter-post gap. My internet at home has been so shoddy recently we've decided to bite the bullet and get a phone line installed so we can have our own. Until now we've just been using the Landlord's (he knows, he gave us the password, not stealing) and we're right on the very edge of the signal so it's always been a bit wobbly, thought we could put up with it, but we can't. So this means I will actually be able to post from HOME! Meaning more time and better pictures. Hopefully.

Nail polish of choice this week is 17's Mint Choc Chip, The name would indicate that it's green, but it isn't, it's more of a pale blue, which is still lovely. It's quite an old one, I bought it while I was on a quest for a cheaper version of Chanel's Jade. Turned out it was actually a lovely colour and I now use it all the time.


I'm afraid my next thing is a whine. I don't want this blog to become about whining so I'll be quick. It's people on adverts for food who PRETEND to eat it. It will show a yummy shot of the food, then the woman (always a woman, children and men on adverts really eat... Interesting) bringing it to her mouth, then a random cut to something else, then the woman holding an empty fork going 'mmmmm'. I'm thinking, you haven't even tasted it! It looks DELICIOUS. What kind of skinny crazy culture do we live in where a woman on an advert cant take one miniscule bite of pizza or eat a spoonful of breakfast cereal... not naming names... we'll call it Smalpen. The Smalpen one is the worst, don't ever try to hide it, you've seen it, the one where the women are doing aerobics on a hillside while 'eating' (and the voiceover actually uses the word eating) the cereal, you can see the bowls are empty, you can see the spoons are empty, you see no chewing, yet the farce continues. There's a chocolate advert where the model does actually put a square into her mouth, but she doesn't chew it, she puts it in, then smiles. I reckon she spits it out once the cameras stop rolling. I'm not a cynic.

I'll balance that out with something happier. The daffodils that are everywhere, so beautiful, so undeniably indicative of warm weather. Hooray.

Finally, I'm starting to use face masks more and more recently, can't beat the feeling after washing it off, all clear and refreshed. The one I use at the minute is the Mudd Original one. I'm often reluctant to try new skin products as I have very sensitive skin and a fair few allergies which make finding effective products difficult as the most effective are often the harshest. So any suggestions at all?



4 comments:

  1. I love the Boot's own cucumber face range - I swore by it when I was a teenager :) My skin has changed now and the face wash is too drying for me but it still holds a fond place in my heart! They do a cucumber clay mask which is very refreshing, worth a go especially if you have sensitive skin :) They also do a fragrance free range but I think the cucumber smell is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog hunni, now followed!

    I have awarded you with the versatile blogger award
    check out my latest blog to see what to do next :)
    xxxx


    zoeliannex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete